Saturday, November 22, 2008

2009 GOAL Phase 1 of 2: I am Running in the
Indy Mini-Marathon on May 2nd, 2009

That's right! I have officially registered in the Indianapolis Mini Marathon on May 2nd, 2009. With all of the success I have had with my recent weight loss and the exercise that I have been consistent with during the past weeks, I wanted to set a goal so that I will continue to work toward maintaining my healthy lifestyle. This Mini-Marathon will be Phase 1 of my 2 part goal.

http://www.500festival.com/marathon

You will find all the details about the race at the link above. It is 13.1 miles long. I have already started my training and have set some lofty goals. My goal is to turn in a time of 2 hr / 45min or better. This would be an average of 4.76mph or 12:36 / mile. With the mini you must keep a minimum pace of 18min / mile.

And if all goes well I have intentions and plans for Phase 2 to take place in October of 2009 but more on that later....

No comments: