Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Day to Give Thanks...

As I prepare to enjoy this day in the presence of family and friends I felt it appropriate to give thanks for the things I have been blessed with:

I am thankful for...

*My loving wife, who has stood by my side providing the comfort and support that only she can. For more than 12 years she has continued to be the light that guides me through all the dark moments. Over the recent 25 weeks she has been there next to me with her unending love, care & support throughout my journey to regain a healthy lifestyle. Although I could never express in words how truly deep my feelings for her continue to grow, I am certainly thankful above all else that she is with me.

*My father, who provides the knowledge and wisdom to help me through the trying times and the support and love only a father can provide. He is my rock and will always be my best friend through it all.

*My mother, although we have not always been close she still shows her love and concern in the most trying of times. I wish her my deepest blessings of support, love and care as she continues to make the best of her difficult times.

*My family, who has always supported and blessed the things that I have accomplished. With the new-born additions to our family they breathe fresh life into our relationships and offer a glimpse of the innocence that we all have lost along the way.

*My friends, who without them life would be very dull indeed and who make my days feel like they are lived with a sense of meaning and accomplishment.

*My health, it has been front and center for the past 25 weeks and I am thankful for the continued strength to do what is right and to be able to continue my journey to make amends for all the turmoil I have put my body through over the past several years. I am also thankful to be able to continue to move forward with the strength to succeed and accomplish all the goals I have put forth for next year and beyond.

*My job, through the many hardships that are felt around this time of economic crisis I am thankful for the continued support of a company that is sound and true.

I wish all of you & yours a very blessed and safe holiday season.

No comments: