Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Official Father / Son Health Challenge Begins



As some of you know, my father recently was hospitalized. I am very thankful he is back home with us enjoying life, but his recent troubles have made me take some time to reflect on the sorry shape that I have allowed myself get into.

I have always had weight gains and losses throughout my life but I have finally decided to put the foot down and change to a more healthy lifestyle. Enough is enough. Shortly before our 1st move to San Antonio, Angela and I committed to Seattle Sutton (weight loss diet plan with prepared food) and both loss a good amount of weight. At the time I started I had ballooned up to a ghastly 272 lbs. After about 4 months I had reduced my weight to 245 and Angela lost even more as an overall percentage. Unfortunately it was a bit expensive for us at the time and since there was no local franchise in TX I eventually got back to my old habits. Well almost 4 years later I am embarrased to say that my weight has again topped an all time high of 280 lbs. It is time to get serious.

So since my dad had to change his lifestyle a bit I figured it was a perfect time to get us both on the right track to a healthy lifestyle. So here is what we have done:

25 weeks long
Total Points earned by a percentage reduction from week to week in these areas:
Weight Loss, Blood Pressure & Pulse.
After 25 weeks the winner will be the largest total reduction and...
The Loser will pay for a season's worth of Colts tickets for the winner!

Wish me good luck - it will be a long road ahead to change some terrible habits.

No comments: