Monday, July 21, 2008

Dark Knight on IMAX - Heath Ledger LENGENDARY!!

So Angela and I got up early on Sunday and went to see the Dark Knight movie on IMAX. 9:15am start time which was probably earlier then I have ever seen a movie, but WOW was it worth it!!

If you have a chance to see this I highly recommend it. I felt it truly was unlike any other comic book based movie in the fact that this one really tried to make it as realistic as possible. I have so thoroughly enjoyed the re-making of this series starting with Batman Begins. The IMAX shows were sold out for every show but the earliest one so that is why we went at that time. Good thing too!! When we came out of the show there were a TON of people waiting to see it!

The show itself lived up to all the hype and more for me. Heath Ledger's performance was truly legendary! I have never seen the Joker played so well and so true to character. I am deeply sad that with his passing we will not get another performance because I would have paid a lot more to see him in this role again. What's more - he has set the bar so high that I would find it very hard to believe anyone else can come close to being in the same league with his performance. I was also thrilled that they finally gave us a movie that was true to life and very realistic. I hated the earlier attempts that almost had too much of a cartoonish feel to them and I felt ultimately hurt the Batman story line. I mean come on, who really sees Arnold as Mr. Freeze?

So in the end - 2 thumbs way, way up! Angela and I are looking to return to the drive-in soon so I'll have to let you know what else we end up seeing this summer.

BTW - if you have kids and were wondering if you should take them to this movie - I would suggest an age limit would be in order. This is not your Adam West's Batman.
For more info on that read this blog article:

No comments: