Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I purchased gas today for $3.38/gal - Can't believe I was excited...

Wow! How much have we been brain-washed when it feels good to fill up for $3.38/gallon. That's just terrible!

According to AAA - the national average for Unleaded regular for 7/29/08 was $3.941. I was in Springfield, MO this morning and filled up at a QT station for $3.38. Was kind of nice to be on the low end of the spectrum for a change but isn't it odd how we now feel good about gas below $3.50? After an extended time of above $4 I guess that is what we get.

If you are interested with updated figures on a daily basis I suggest this AAA website: http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/

With any luck maybe we will all see some relief for a bit in the upcoming weeks.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way, it only takes one so long of high gas prices to make us feel like we are getting a bargin at the pump at $3.38. With less Suv's on road and people staying at home Oil giants are bound to reduce prices even more.

CjT said...

Just wish they adjusted "down" in price as fast as they seem to adjust "up" in price.