Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Game at the New Lucas Oil Stadium

Well I was able to see my first game inside the new Lucas Oil Stadium. Terrible preseason game for the Colts vs the Bills with very few bright spots. However I will say that I was really impressed with the new stadium.

Its BIG! It has a seating capacity of 63,000 but can expand up to 70,000. Everything is bigger - the seats, the aisles, the game screens, the outside areas. It is really a great venue.














Another plus I thought was the abundant amount of TVs (even in many creative ways). Plenty of food stands and bathrooms along the outside and the field itself is quite impressive.













For someone that has been watching games in a dome the idea of watching them outside is both an up and down thing for me. Luckily the Lucas Oil Stadium is able to offer both. With the new retractable roof and large side window the stadium opens to provide a comfortable breeze of fresh air (one trick the RCA could have benefited from!)

All-in-all I was impressed with the new Colts home and look forward to getting the season started. Now all we need is #18 to get healthy!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does the window retract as well?

CjT said...

Yes. The side portion opens like a large hanger. Great view of the city as well.