Saturday, August 2, 2008

Friday Night: Valparaiso 49er Drive In - Dark Knight & Hellboy II

Rocky and Craig and the Drive-In! We returned to the 49er Drive-In Friday Night to see a great double feature. Playing this week is the Dark Knight and Hellboy II. To read about our 1st visit to the 49er Click Here.

As you all know Angela and I saw the Dark Knight on IMAX over the opening weekend and just loved it. Certainly didn't mind seeing it again. The 2nd feature this time was Hellboy II.

We arrived early this time and enjoyed some Trivial Pursuit and played some cards before the movie started. As always Rocky enjoyed the show too!

Some of you asked about the pictures last time so I included a couple of shots this time of what we include in the van. Of course we go all out and as you can see the essentials of a good drive-in movie are there: Viewing area outside with area rug, chairs and table and of course a comfortable bed in the back of the van complete with stereo surround speakers (up to 5 now I think), a fan, and plenty of pillows and blankets for the cool nights. The 49er has a wonderful concession stand that has a great variety and everything is reasonably priced. We like to arrive early and have a snack and enjoy some board games. For those that asked, we do utilize a secondary battery source so we don't drain the battery from the van. Like I said before: we like our Drive-Ins!

As with any of our blog photos - just click on them to see a larger version of the photo.

Our Drive-In Viewing AreaOur Drive-In Viewing Area

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drive-Ins are such a great way to enjoy an evening with family. I often wonder why they all went away. Everyone I speak to loves the drive in. Matter of fact, we are going tonight to a drive in called "SkyView" that sits in Belleville Il.. We will be seening "Dark Night" and not sure what the second feature is. I can remember with in a 10 mile radius there were at least 4 drive ins. Now there is only 1. To bring back some memories of those who can remember there was, Bel-Air drive in, 270 drive in, and north twin drive in. I can remember the 270 drive in having a sign with a large red ball at the top that lit up. Lets start a campain "Bring Back the Drive In's" (BBDI)
Mark

CjT said...

I completely agree! What a terrific family event that we are sadly losing across America. As you can see, our dog Rocky is very much part of the family. Where else can you go and enjoy an event with kids and pets together?

Anonymous said...

My comment isn't so much about the drive ins (although they are great), but I just wanted to say that it's about time I get to see a current pic of you. You are looking great! Keep up the good competition with dad! (Oh, and by the way, are you sure that you didn't have a more recent photo of me, than the one with the pig?) Love your blog! I will keep checking it regularly!

CjT said...

I have recent pics of my nephew but unfortunately his mom is absent in most of them :)